Pages

Friday, September 11, 2020

 DFI Day 8

Computational Thinking:

What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

Equity through access to an affordable device should not be a barrier to students learning. Being active participants in this digital world. Digitally fluent students will enable them to do this.  Spent a good session with Phil on coding. A bit of fun. Check the link! Not sure how if I'd use it but I may as a fun way of interacting with the students. 

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

This was a great session to reflect on what we are doing with our Digital Technologies. In terms of Paparore, we will need to put all the pieces of the jigsaw together. See what it appropriate for us and that it fits within our local curriculum.Check on staff and teachers where they are at with this and get a collaboration of ideas, thoughts, practices, goals and outcomes we want for our students

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

I Think I can use the coding as a motivational tool, programme to connect with students. The important thing for me is ensuring we are enabling teachers to deliver a quality programme and students are engaged in their learning. I need to ensure we prioritise right to have the support and resources to do this! through the 

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

Keep exploring and engaging in the google space so that it becomes second nature! Having the opportunities to do this especially over the last 2-3 sessions has been helpful.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora John,
    I agree learning about coding can be used a motivational tool. Once learners have the basics it can also be another digital tool in their kete to share their learning, e.g. create a scratch project about their inquiry or reading.

    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    PS it looks like you have turned on a location setting - it is very specific! It shows at the bottom of your post.

    ReplyDelete