Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

 DFI

Day 5: 'Collaborate'

  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

    • Everything seemed to come together today. I enjoyed Listening to Dorothy and Kerry this morning talking about Visible learning [and teaching]. It's all about 'no surprises, knowing what is expected. Learning should be visible to learners! Interesting korero about removing barriers but also knowing what the boundaries [expectations] are. I love the idea reinforcing the concept of embracing the technology to making teaching & learning fun!
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

    • What Kerry had to share about multi modal was motivating. There were a lot of ideas shared that really    made sense and resonated with me. Especially the ways students like to learn. It's not the same for  everyone and we shouldn't assume that our tamariki learn best the way we 'default' to. Giving them the opportunities to create and share in a way that fits them is something we need to embrace. Hooking students into their learning will undoubtedly be easier if this is done.
    • I feel like I'm starting to become more comfortable in using the different aspects of google to present. I loved today's session on 'Sites.' I wouldn't have a 'class site' but I will definitely develop a 'Sir's Site' for students and whanau to look at!
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

    • Developing a 'principal's site' to sit alongside all the class sites. It would be an area for achievements,
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

    • Time management. Becoming confident enough to work with the different tools in google would give me more time in other areas           
            

3 comments:

  1. Sir,
    Love reading your thoughts and ponderings from the day. I think you have highlighted some key areas that perhaps, as a staff, we can develop a little further. The multimodal, multitextual concept is one that could make an even bigger impact on the way we teach, but also on the way students learn.
    I like the idea of your "Sir's Site". Have you thought about creating a site that houses all our policies, procedures and routines that are specifically for staff? This could be like a one stop shop for all new teachers etc to find what they need.
    Looking forward to being back at school next year and hopefully seeing some of these thoughts and idea being implemented. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, our school & class org info??!!

      Delete
    2. That would be a great idea! Will make it easy to find information for new teachers and it can be updated all the time without needing to collect in the hard copies! Fabulous!

      Delete